MyLibrary - Encyclopedias
Short introductions to specific topics
- Cambridge History of English and American Literature - "...contains over 303 chapters and 11,000 pages, with essay topics ranging from poetry, fiction, drama and essays to history, theology and political writing."
- Columbia Encyclopedia - "Containing nearly 51,000 entries (marshalling six and one-half million words on a vast range of topics), and with more than 80,000 hypertext cross-references, the current Sixth Edition is among the most complete and up-to-date encyclopedias ever produced."
- Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy - "...founded in 1995 for the purpose of providing detailed, scholarly information on key topics and philosophers in all areas of philosophy."
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy - "...designed from its inception (September 1995) as a dynamic reference work ... each entry is maintained and kept up to date by an expert or group of experts ... updates are refereed by the members of a distinguished Editorial Board before they are made public."
- Wikipedia - An encyclopedia update by the Internet community