Your search (subject=technical services) returned 2 hit(s):
- Ohio Valley Group of Technical Services Librarian Annual Meeting
- Description: This essay documents some of my experiences at the Ohio Valley Group of Technical Services Librarian Annual Meeting, Bloomington (Indiana), May 11 & 12, 2006. In a sentence, I believe I saw in this meeting a turning point -- a point where most technical services things were about digital instead of analog.
- Date: 2006-05-13
- Source: This page was never formally published.
- Subject(s): technical services; Bloomington, IN; OVGTSL (Ohio Valley Group of Technical Services Librarians); travel log;
- URL: http://infomotions.com/musings/ovgtsl-2006/index.shtml
- Opportunities for technical services staff
- Description: This presentation, made to the New York Technical Services Librarians Fall Dinner Meeting (Friday, November 4, 1994), first describes Mr. Serials, a process for systematically collecting, organizing, archiving, indexing, and disseminating electronic journals. Second, the presentation describes uses of World Wide Web (WWW) servers in libraries. Finally, the presentation describes how these two technologies can be assimilated into traditional library services and how technical services staff have an integral part in this assimilation process.
- Date: 1994-11-04
- Source: Originally entitled, "Mr. Serials and World Wide Web Servers: Opportunities for Technical Services Staff", and presented to the New York Technical Services Librarians, Friday, November 4, 1994.
- Subject(s): New York Technical Services Librarians; presentations; cataloging;
- URL: http://infomotions.com/musings/mrserials-visits-nyc/index.shtml