Your search (subject=SRU (Search/Retrieve URL Service)) returned 3 hit(s):
- Introduction to Search/Retrieve URL Service (SRU)
- Description: This article is an introduction to the "brother and sister" Web Service protocols named Search/Retrieve Web Service (SRW) and Search/Retrieve URL Service (SRU) with an emphasis on the later. More specifically, the article outlines the problems SRW/U are intended to solve, the similarities and differences between SRW and SRU, the complimentary nature of the protocols with OAI-PMH, and how SRU is being employed in a sponsored NSF grant called OCKHAM to facilitate an alerting service. The article is seasoned with a bit of XML and Perl code to illustrate the points.
- Date: 2004-07-17
- Source: This article was originally published in Ariadne, issue number 40, July 2004.
- Subject(s): SRU (Search/Retrieve URL Service); articles; Web Services; XML (eXtensible Mark-up Language);
- URL: http://infomotions.com/musings/sru/index.shtml
- What is SRW/U?
- Description: SRW/U is an acronym for Search/Retrieve via the Web or URL and you might want to think of it as Sonne of Z39.50 sans the federated searching.
- Date: 2006-05-24
- Source: This essay was originally published on TechEssence at http://techessence.info/node/48.
- Subject(s): TechEssence; SRU (Search/Retrieve URL Service);
- URL: http://infomotions.com/musings/what-is-srwu/index.shtml
- Implementing SRU in Perl
- Description: As a part of a sponsored National Science Foundation (NSF) grant called Ockham, the University Libraries of Notre Dame implemented a set of SRU modules and scripts written in Perl. This text describes this process in more detail.
- Date: 2005-06-14
- Source: This text was presented during the ALA Annual Meeting in Chicago, 2005.
- Subject(s): presentations; OCKHAM (Open Community Knowledge Hypermedia Administration and Metadata); SRU (Search/Retrieve URL Service);
- URL: http://infomotions.com/musings/sru-in-perl/index.shtml