Your search (subject=Ann Arbor, MI) returned 2 hit(s):
- DAIAD Goes to Ann Arbor
- Description: The Digital Access and Information Architecture Department (DAIAD) went to visit the University of Michigan libraries between January 27 - 28, 2003 to network and learn how they do some of their work. This text outlines our experiences there.
- Date: 2003-02-03
- Source: This article was never really published.
- Subject(s): Ann Arbor, MI; travel log;
- URL: http://infomotions.com/musings/ann-arbor/index.shtml
- Mass digitization
- Description: This travel log outlines my experiences at a symposium sponsored by the University of Michigan called Scholarship and Libraries in Transition: A Dialog about the Impacts of Mass Digitization Projects, March 10-11, 2006. In short, the symposium facilitated quite a number of presentations and panel discussions about mass digitization. Discussion topics ranged from mass digitization impacts on libraries to possibilities for scholarship to changes in changes in publishing to economic effects to public policy issues. Most of the discussions were framed by the Google Print project, and just about everybody provided their point of view regarding the effect of Google on the academy.
- Date: 2006-03-18
- Source: This text was never formally published.
- Subject(s): mass digitization; Ann Arbor, MI; travel log;
- URL: http://infomotions.com/musings/mass-digitization/index.shtml