Your search (subject= SOCHE) returned 1 hit(s):
- Implementing user-centered experiences in a networked environment
- Description: In this environment where disintermediation seems to be increasingly common, it is ironic people also expect personalized service. Libraries are experiencing dilemma when it comes to providing many of their services. On one hand fewer people are coming into libraries to access traditional reference services, and at the same time they are expecting interfaces to library content to be "smarter" and more user-centered. How can libraries meet these seemingly contradictory expectations? The answer is not too difficult as long as we: 1) learn how to take better advantage of computer technology to implement our ideas, and 2) re-examine the definition and purpose of patron privacy. This presentation will elaborate on these ideas and demonstrate a few ways they might be implemented.
- Date: 2009-05-03
- Source: This essay was never formally published, but it was created for Southwestern Ohio Council for Higher Education (SOCHE) and a conference called 'The Human Face of Information (technology)' Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at Wright State University
- Subject(s): user-centered design; SOCHE; presentations; librarianship;
- URL: http://infomotions.com/musings/user-centered/index.shtml