Your search (subject= MARC (Machine Readable Cataloging)) returned 2 hit(s):
- Really Rudimentary Catalog
- Description: This text describes the purpose of the Really Rudumentary Catalog, ponders the usefulness of library catalogs in general, and finally outlines the technology behind this catalog's implementation.
- Date: 2004-02-14
- Source: This text was never formally published.
- Subject(s): MARC (Machine Readable Cataloging); computer programs and scripts; OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogs);
- URL: http://infomotions.com/musings/rudimentary-catalog/index.shtml
- MARC Reader: a HyperCard script to demystify the MARC record
- Description: The purpose of this article is to demystify the MARC record and list a short HyperCard script that translates a MARC record into an easy-to-read format. Furthermore, this article demonstrates that advanced library applications can be created with simple, readily-available tools; with HyperCard and a bit of investigation any librarian can create their own electronic card catalog.
- Date: 1991-12-01
- Source: This article was originally published in Computers in Libraries 11(11):52-55, December 1991.
- Subject(s): HyperCard; MARC (Machine Readable Cataloging); computer programs and scripts; articles;
- URL: http://infomotions.com/musings/marc-reader/index.shtml