Your search (subject= Indiana On-Line User) returned 2 hit(s):
- "Next-Generation" Library Catalogs
- Description: This presentation outlines some of the possibilities for "next-generation" library catalogs. Specifically it describes the technology behind these applications, enumerates ways they can exploit sets of globally networked computers, and posits opportunities for new and improved services within and around them. Librarianship has traditionally been about collection, preservation, organization, and re-distribution. These over-arching goals are still relevant in today's environment, but the methods the profession can use to achieve them is changing. The venerable library catalog and the thing it seems to be morphing into is just one example. This presentation brings together the how's and why's of this issue.
- Date: 2009-03-25
- Source: This presentation was written to be given at the libraries of the Purdue University on March 27 as well as an IOLUG meeting on May 15, 2009
- Subject(s): Purdue University; next generation library catalogs; Indiana On-Line User's Group (IOLUG); presentations; librarianship;
- URL: http://infomotions.com/musings/ngc4purdue/index.shtml
- IOLUG Spring Program
- Description: On Friday, May 20 I attended the Indiana On-Line Users Group (IOLUG) Spring Program called Marketing your library on the Web, and this text outlines what I learned there.
- Date: 2005-05-24
- Source: This text was never formally published.
- Subject(s): travel log; marketing; Indiana On-Line User's Group (IOLUG);
- URL: http://infomotions.com/musings/iolug-2005/index.shtml