Your search (subject= Computers in Libraries) returned 1 hit(s):
- Open source software: Controlling your computing environment
- Description: Open source software (OSS) -- free to use, reuse, study, modify, and distribute -- is quickly being adopted by libraries today. From office productivity suites such as OpenOffice to library-specific applications such as an integrated library system, "next generation" library catalogs and Firefox extensions. Open source software has a lot to offer libraries. This session looks at the many types of OSS available, how libraries are making use of it, and how it can be exploited in order to control your local computing environment.
- Date: 2009-03-28
- Source: This essay was written for a presentation at the Computers in Libraries Conference, March 31-April 2, 2009.
- Subject(s): open source software; presentations; Computers in Libraries;
- URL: http://infomotions.com/musings/oss4cil/index.shtml